People say that music has the power to heal the world. While we cannot authenticate such a claim, many will agree that listening to music does tend to calm the storms that rise within. It soothes the soul. For those of you who love listening to music to such an extent, a subwoofer would not be an alien term. Subwoofers tend to be excellent for listening to bass music. If you love drum and bass, you need to find yourself the best 12-inch subwoofer. Here are few options to choose from.
Kicker CVR124 12-Inch Subwoofer
All those who are on the lookout for a compact yet quality subwoofer for their vehicle will find this Kicker 12-inch subwoofer to be a worthy product.
The speaker takes the help of its dual voice coils to provide users with the chance to create and listen to a high-temp bass audio. The subwoofer is equipped to withstand all sort of stress practically possible. This is ensured by the inclusion of Ribbed Santoprene which adds to the strength of the product, thereby yielding a lasting performance.
- This subwoofer has an impedance of 4 ohms.
- It is designed in a way to allow for easy wiring and installation.
- It offers ideal performance in close spaces, for instance, a vehicle.
- It has a sensitivity of 86.9 decibels.
- The max input power of the speaker is 800 watts.
- The frequency response offered is 25-500 Hz.
Alpine SWR-12D4 Type-R 12-Inch Subwoofer
Alpine is known to manufacture value-added items, and this Alpine 12-inch subwoofer is yet another excellent addition to its high-quality series of subwoofers.
The speaker has a cone which is made from highly resistant and sturdy Kevlar-treated pulp. These features allow customers to keep their durability-related concerns at bay as they enjoy the performance the subwoofer succeeds in providing.
Whether it be accuracy or clarity, this subwoofer manages to provide it all with the help of the HAMR Santoprene that surrounds the cone included in the product.
Key Features of Alpine 12-inch subwoofer
- The impedance of the subwoofer is 4 ohms.
- Its frequency response is 24-200 Hz.
- It can consistently handle a minimum of 300 and a maximum of 1000 watts of power.
- Its peak power is 3000 watts.
- The sensitivity of the subwoofer is 84.9 decibels.
- A one-year warranty accompanies the product.
Kenwood KFC-W112S 12-Inch Subwoofer
Kenwood is a known brand which is popular for its quality and reliability. This subwoofer upholds this legacy with immense ease. Whether it be style or performance, this Kenwood 12-inch subwoofer has all of it covered and, hence, has been able to satisfy the masses.
The polypropylene cone included in the speaker is injection-molded to ensure minimum resonance and superior performance. Moreover, the inclusion of a one-year warranty has further helped its case since such an addition validates the subwoofer’s claim of durability.
- This subwoofer has an impedance of 8 ohms.
- It has an RMS of 200 watts and a peak power of 800 watts.
- The product is equipped with a power switching power supply along with a heat sink made out of aluminum.
- It weighs 4.4 pounds.
Kicker 40CWR122 CompR Series 12-Inch Subwoofer
This Kicker 12-inch subwoofer succeeds in being a quality speaker while paying heed to the customer’s need for convenience. This is achieved by a dual coil design which includes an impedance switch. Together, these elements make wiring and installing the product a piece of cake.
The design of the subwoofer also features a magnetic structure. This construction is responsible for delivering an enhanced ability of the subwoofer to handle power. This feature ensures a loud and clear output.
- The impedance of the subwoofer is 2 ohms.
- It is equipped with a one-year warranty.
- It can handle a peak power of 1000 watts.
- Its power handling range is 100-500 watts.
- The cone of the subwoofer is injection-molded for superior performance.
- The frequency response is 25-500 Hz.
- The sensitivity of the speaker is 86.9 decibels.
Pioneer TS-W304R 12-Inch Subwoofer
The Pioneer 12-inch subwoofer succeeds in being an excellent choice for those constrained by a budget. Its affordable price makes the product accessible to the masses.
Additionally, the product manages to look excellent while blasting your vehicle with your much-loved music. With an upgraded style and function, it comes as no surprise that the Pioneer 12-inch subwoofer is a force to be reckoned with.
- It has a maximum power of 1300 watts.
- The voice coil features six layers of copper to ensure the clarity and accuracy of the audio.
- The frequency response is 20-220 Hz.
- It features an impedance of 4 ohms.
- The sensitivity of the subwoofer is 95 decibels.
Subwoofer Buying Guide
If you would rather decide from a wider selection of products than the one provided, here are some of the factors that you need to consider.
You will find subwoofers in all price ranges. Analyze your budget and set a limit to narrow down your options and make a better decision.
The more power a subwoofer can handle, the stronger bass it can produce. Opt for the highest power handling subwoofer within your budget.
No one wants to spend endless hours installing a product. Make sure that the subwoofer you choose is easy to install and comes with comprehensive instructions.
All in all, it all comes down to your personal preference. If you value low cost, you will have to compromise on the power and, hence, quality. However, remember that a premium price does not guarantee better performance. It is integral for you to look for products that deliver.
All of the products we mentioned are ones that will deliver. Amidst the five options, we found the Kicker 40CWR122 CompR Series 12-Inch Subwoofer to be a worthy choice owing to its low impedance and high power.
The choice is yours. Make sure you pick the best of the lot. Let the music heal you.