Music has the power to change your mood. It can uplift your spirits and reduce the feeling of loneliness and tiredness in a matter of seconds. For those of you who believe in the power of music and have a soft spot for bass music above other genres, you should find yourself a quality subwoofer to fully enjoy the experience.
While there are many sizes available, a 15-inch subwoofer provides the high power that many crave. Here are some of the best products that you can choose from.
Kicker L7 15-Inch Subwoofer
This subwoofer comes with an aluminum basket which provides the speaker with the rigidity it needs to authenticate its durability. The robustness of the product ensured by the inclusion of warranty which makes the subwoofer a cost-effective purchase.
The design of the speaker includes a square cone. This design plays an integral role in making sure that more air moves compared to other similar products. The more air the speaker succeeds in passing, the higher quality sound is generated.
The motor included in the subwoofer is stable enough to deliver consistent performance, regardless of how hard you push the system. Those of you who look for aesthetics and style will be pleased to know that this subwoofer features a unique yet stylish design. You can further add accessories to the speaker to enhance its visual appeal.
Key Features of Kicker L7 15-Inch Subwoofer
- The frequency response of the subwoofer is 18-100 Hz.
- The peak power of the speaker is 1000 watts.
- It has a one-year warranty.
- The speaker delivers loud and clear bass owing to the inclusion of an injection-molded polypropylene in the cone of the subwoofer.
- The voice coils can withstand a high temperature and have an impedance of 4 ohms.
Kicker CVR 15-Inch Subwoofer
For those of you who are familiar with Kicker’s Competition Subwoofer might be satisfied with the performance of this product since it builds on the legacy of its predecessor. This subwoofer contains a powerful motor that is bound to get the job of providing quality music done.
The wires included in the speaker are made to be resistant to high temperature. This feature ensures that the product is capable of delivering consistent performance for an extended duration without breaking down.
The speaker also guarantees that customers are provided with loud and clear audio. This is ensured by the design of the subwoofer. This design incorporates an aluminized coating and a 360-degree back bracing. Both these features make sure that superior performance is guaranteed.
- The maximum power that this subwoofer can handle is 1000 watts.
- A year-long limited warranty accompanies it.
- The cone is injection-molded to ensure the elimination of resonance.
- The frequency response of the speaker is 25-500 Hz.
- The top plate of the subwoofer is in a T-cut shaping to provide enhanced magnetic strength and, hence, an excellent performance.
Kicker Comp 15-Inch Subwoofer
Many customers have lauded Kicker Comp for its value-added features. It is considered to be a great value for money and succeeds in providing one of the best performances within its price range.
One of the distinct features of this speaker is the fact that it includes a ribbed surround in its design. This addition to the product allows you to enjoy a loud sound and high excursion without causing any damage to the speaker itself.
The fact that the cone is injection-molded not only makes sure that the audio delivered by the subwoofer is satisfactory in quality, but it also allows the product to be used for an array of applications and sounds.
- The maximum power handling capability of this product is 600 watts.
- The mounting depth of the subwoofer is 7-7/16 inches which are ideal for efficient sound transmission and allows for an easy installation.
- It features a 45-ounce magnet structure.
- The impedance of the speaker is 4 ohms.
- It has a sensitivity of 90.3 decibels.
- The frequency response of the speaker is 25-500 Hz.
Alpine Type-R 15-Inch Subwoofer
Are you in need of a subwoofer which can play your favorite music loudly regardless of how long you use it? Do you wish for a product which remains functional for years? If so, you might want to give the Alpine Type-R a try.
The Type-R subwoofer, just like many other Alpine products, uses the HAMR engineering technology to offer users the perfect blend of sound quality and durability. Moreover, the nature of its construction is such that the subwoofer remains functional for hours without the system getting too hot.
This feature is aided by the inclusion of a cooling technology. The technology serves to be pivotal when guaranteeing the longevity of the subwoofer.
- The power range of the subwoofer is 400-750 watts.
- It can handle a maximum power of 2000 watts.
- The frequency response is 20-40 Hz.
- It features four layers of a dual voice coil.
- The 3rd generation motor structure provides a stable performance.
MTX 9515-22 15-Inch Subwoofer
MTX 95 is not a new name in the subwoofer industry. Over a decade ago, it came and conquered the market and the latest addition to this series has the potential to follow its ancestor’s footsteps.
This subwoofer manages to produce a clear and accurate bass sound which ensures that users are not left disappointed. The material used in the construction of the subwoofer is marked by high-quality and is, therefore, capable of withstanding extended use without damaging the wires and the motor.
The increase in the surface diameter compared to the previous model has played a crucial role in increasing the SPL output of the subwoofer which serves to be a mark of excellent performance.
- It has a maximum power handle of 3000 watts.
- The subwoofer features a 1500-watt RMS.
- The frequency response is 17-100 Hz.
- The sensitivity of the speaker is 8409 decibels.
Subwoofer Buyer’s Guide
While any of the products mentioned above can earn the title of the best 15-inch subwoofer, the chances are that you would want to make the final choice from a wider selection of options than the five products mentioned above.
If you are such a buyer, here are some of the things you should consider when selecting the best subwoofer for you.
The power of the subwoofer you choose governs how much output the product can bear. At a minimum, make sure that the speaker you select has a power handling of at least 750 watts.
Contrary to popular belief, the lower the frequency range of the subwoofer, the better performance it provides. It is because subwoofers are meant to improve sounds of low frequencies.
Low Nominal Impedance
Nominal impedance determines how much resistance is there to the speaker when the current flows. The lower the resistance, the better the performance of the subwoofer.
Based on the considerations, we found the Kicker L7 15-Inch Subwoofer to be the best amongst the options available due to its low impedance and frequency range.
Rest assured that the other products mentioned will get the job done just as flawlessly. It all comes down to your preference. Choose wisely and enjoy the musical adventure.