- 1. iRULU P4 HD Video Projector
- 2. CiBest GP90 LCD Projector
- 3. AAXA LED Pico Projector
- 4. Miroir Mini MP35 Projector
- 5. Android Wi-Fi Bluetooth Projector
- 6. iRulu BL20 Video Projector
- 7. Windowfx Atmos Animated Window Projector
- 8. ELEPHAS LED Movie Projector
- 9. Crenova XPE470 Mini LED Video Projector
- 10. DBPOWER T20 1500 Lumens LCD Mini Projector
- Best Projectors of 2017 ―Buyers Guide
Watching your favorite TV show, movies or even playing your favorite games on a big screen is always fun; it gives you the theater experience at home. A common misconception is that good projectors are extremely expensive; this is not true. With the advancement in technology over the years, projectors have become more affordable than ever before. You can find good projectors under 200 dollars only. Even within this price range, there are lots of projector models having different features. To make it easier for you choose your perfect projector, we have compiled the best projectors under $200 in this post. Our reviews highlight the features & specification of each product. Also, you will find helpful tips on how to use the projectors.
So what are you waiting for? Read our reviews and pick the best projector for your home.
1. iRULU P4 HD Video Projector
With a projection image size of 32-160 inches, 1.2-5.2 m and 1.67 million colors, the iRULU P4 HD Video Projector allow you to restore the real image you have on your device and gives you a big-screen experience when you watch movies and football games.
You can mount your iRULU P4 HD Video Projector on a ceiling, and the image can be upside down. Connect external speakers through HDMI or RCA L/R jack port. The angle can be changed from the projector menu, and you can loop video from a USB device like flash drives. You need to move the projector to zoom or change the image and the further away the projector is, the bigger the picture. It has a maximum distance of 15ft.
- 1080p supported
- Extended lamp life of up to 20000 hours
- MHL connectivity enables you to connect your smartphone, game device or tablet on the big screen
- Offers you multiple interfaces- 2 USB ports, 1 TV, 1 YPbPr, 1 AV, 1 VGA (PC), 1 Audio Out, 1 Audio input making it convenient to connect several devices such as a laptop, camera, PC, TV box, external speaker and smartphone.
- Has a double tube cooling technology with heat dispersion giving it a low fan noise
- Simple to operate and easy to travel with
- Enables you to enjoy a comfortable image with the ±15°manual keystone correction button which helps you focus easily to get a HD clear image with the proctor lens.
- Aspect ratio- 4:3/16:9
- Picture flip- 360-degree flip
- Has both manual and remote control operation
- Projection method- front/rear/Ceiling
- Power consumption (Watts) 110 W
- Projection technology- TFT LCD
- Color- 16.7K
- Projection lens- manual focus lens
2. CiBest GP90 LCD Projector
Protect your eye with the GP90 projector which is equipped with upgraded LED source technology. It provides you with clear images that will not inflict any optical harm usually from laptops, TVs, and tablets. It offers you 1.2 times brighter image than the other projectors. You can connect several devices such as a laptop, SD card, PS4/PS3, PC, Chromecast, etc.
If you want to connect your iPad or your smartphone to the CiBest GP90 LCD Projector, you need a wireless HDMI adapter which is not included. Dolby and AC3 audio are not compatible with this projector. You can adjust the image size by changing the distance.
- Allows you to connect an external speaker or surround system with HDMI or RCA L/R jack port
- Supports home video, backyard cinema, photos and video game
- It has a projection size of 35-180″ and projector distance of 1.2m-5.5m
- Has a lamp life of over 30000 hours and the built-in LED bulb saves up to 70% energy
- Supports 1.07 Billion True Color giving you vivid images
- Comes with 2 HDMI, 2 USB ports, and 1 VGA/PC-RGB which allows you to connect your Blue-ray, cable/satellite box, and disc player
- Native resolution 1280 x 800
- Support resolution 1080p
3. AAXA LED Pico Projector
This portable Pico LED Projector has an operating life that is 10 times that of traditional projector lamps and can be operated for about 7.5 years without burning out due to its 15,000-hour lamp life. It’s portable and can be carried easily while sharing with family and friends.
- 80-minute built-in Lithium-ion battery
- Ultra-bright 25 lumens
- Built-in Media Player that supports a lot of popular file formats
- High definition HD (960 x 540) resolution
- Mini-HDMI, USB, Micro SD and AV inputs
- Vibrant color technology and has 15,000-hour lamp life
- Provides up to 60″ image
- USB plug n play instant set up and compatible with PC, Mac, and Apple
- Very portable, just the same size as some cell phones and can deliver up to 60″ image in a dark environment
- Adjustable tripod
- Composite video input and 3.5mm headphone jack
- The battery is rechargeable
You can charge the projector while using it but you need a USB AC adapter with 5 volts and 1 amp. You can charge it for 2-3 hours and when it’s full, the LED light next to the charging port will turn to green. You can run it straight from AC power.
4. Miroir Mini MP35 Projector
You can watch movies and your favorite games at home on the ceiling of your bedroom or anywhere at home with the portable LED DLP projector in Ultra-portable metal enclosure.
iPhone users require a Lightning Digital AV Adapter from Apple and a HDMI cable. It doesn’t have a wireless display feature, you only connect a phone through HDMI cable and MHL or Slimport adapter. Your phone must have MHL function. You can use it while charging.
- Support 480p resolution
- Built-in speakers and 3.5mm audio output
- It comes with MP35 projector, HDMI to HDMI cable, Micro USB charging cable and Micro HDMI adapter
- Built-in battery with a battery life that lasts up to 2 hours
- Ultra-portable, menu-free interface
- Texas Instruments DLP technology provides you with dependable picture
- HDMI connectivity easily connects tablets, laptops, streaming devices, PC, smartphones etc.
- Native resolution of 854 x 480
- 1 year limited warranty
5. Android Wi-Fi Bluetooth Projector
ERISAN has adopted the latest LED technology which provides more image brightness than ordinary LED projector, it supports projection size of 36-130 inches with the best distance of about 7.8 feet and image size of 80 inches.
ERISAN projector is more convenient to operate with a wireless keyboard or USB-mouse. It supports wireless connection with Android and iOS through Happycast (pre-installed) App. Your Android device must support Miracast to connect with the projector; you can find it in some Android devices as “Smart View” in Samsung or “Wireless Display” in others. When the Bluetooth option is in Android mode, the Bluetooth of the projector will also be switched off in other modes- USB, VGA, HDMI, AV, and SD.
- Support Full HD 1080P
- Projection Source- AV, USB, Memory SD card, HDMI, and VGA
- Android CPU 4.4.2 Quad-core 1.5G (Cortex-A5)
- Native resolution- 800 x 480
- Wi-Fi/Bluetooth 802.11 b/g/n 2.4GHZ & 5GHZ + Bluetooth 4.0 (AP6330)
- Memory 1G DDRIII (256M x 16bit); Flash memory ― 8G (Nand-Flash, EMMC)
- Lamp life up to 20000 hours
- ERISAN pre-installed YouTube, Netflix, and Hulu
6. iRulu BL20 Video Projector
The iRulu BL20 Video Projector turns your home into a cinema. We love it because you can use the iRulu BL20 Video Projector to enhance the video files on your mobile devices on a big screen. This also works for pictures. It uses an advanced LED technology, and the image it generates are of a perfectly safe resolution.
The iRulu BL20 Video Projector is designed for private use; it gives the best results when used in a dark room. HDMI cables support the generation of a superb resolution. The HDMI cables are connected with suitable adapters and specific HDMI ports. Only mobile devices with MHL capabilities are compatible with this projector. For the best effects, limit the projection distance to 2.6m with a projection size of 80 inches. However, you can adjust this range if necessary, to prolong the life of your projector limit its use to within 3 to 4 hours. This will prevent overheating. Your iRulu BL20 Video Projector comes with 2 HDMI ports, a perfect addition that supports multiple gadgets like TV, laptop, gaming consoles, etc.
- Built-in speakers: 3W Audio Output with remote control and manual options for operation.
- Front/Rear/Ceiling projection methods
- Technical support and customer service available with one year guarantee
- Color: 16.7K
- Projection Distance: 1.2-6 meters
- Power Consumption (Watt): 110 W, two built-in speakers
- Resolution (dpi): 800 x 480
7. Windowfx Atmos Animated Window Projector
The Windowfx Atmos Animated Window Projector is an excellent choice if you want to have the option of horizontal or vertical viewing. It also has provisions for external speakers you can connect with regular 3.5mm cords. The Windowfx Atmos Animated Window Projector comes with a 4’’ x 6’’ white vinyl sheet projection material. The happy owners of this projector have also expressed their thrill at the SD card functionality. You can playback files stored on your SD card. Now, you can create awesome animated designs projected on a screen during parties and events.
The manufacturers recommend a distance of 4’’ to 8’’ to get the best results. The bulb can function effectively for about 2000 hours. This projector also supports a wide range of files such as Audio: MP3/WMA/AAC/WAV, Video: AVI/FLV/MOV/MP4/VOB/RMVB, Photo: Jpeg/BMP/PNG. You also have the opportunity to add your themed graphic designs to the preloaded 12 season themed videos on the SD card.
- Built-in speakers plus 3.5mm stereo output
- Remote control SD card
- 6″ adjustable tripod to elevate the projector plus a multi-function remote control unit.
- Projector screen
- SD card preloaded with 12 Holiday themed Digital Decorations― 3 Christmas, 1 Winter Wonderland, 6 Halloween, 2 Celebrations
- Suitable for horizontal and vertical window 4’x6′ white translucent rear projection screen (86.5″ diagonal) for horizontal or vertical use
8. ELEPHAS LED Movie Projector
An amazing picture quality and sound output should be your focus when purchasing a projector. The ELEPHAS LED Movie Projector is built with these capabilities. It is portable, easy to use and consumes very minimal power while in use.
Only Android mobile devices with MHL compatibility can connect with this projector. For Apple products, you will need a lighting cable connected to the HDMI adapter or an HDMI Wi-Fi adapter. The manufacturers have included a 1/4″ screw at the base of this projector with which it is easily mounted on the ceiling or walls. You can also project materials directly from your laptops. All you need to do is adjust the projector resolution to 800 x 600 pixels. A dark room will give you the best effects. At a stretch, you can use this projector for 30,000 hours. Regular external speakers are also compatible with this projector via the audio cable port. Connect the RCA cables to the projector and set up your headset with a compatible adapter, and you are set for a thrilling experience. To upload your picture, select the USB option from the list of the signal source if you have connected a memory stick.
- Imaging technology- TFT, LCD
- Projection size/distance- 50-130 inches, 1.5-4m
- Native resolution- 800 x 480 pixels
- Minimal consumption (Watt)- 50 W
- It supports 23 languages and has an Aspect Ratio of 16:10
- Supported Resolution- 1920 x 1080 pixels
- It comes with one remote control (battery not included) and a 3 in 1 AV cable and 1 HDMI cable
- Easy to carry around due to the lightweight and compact design
- AV/VGA/USB/SD/HDMI slots inclusive for flexible connectivity
- Compatible with Roku Streaming/Amazon Fire/TV Stick/Laptop/Xbox/PS3/Chromecast/TV box through HDMI input
9. Crenova XPE470 Mini LED Video Projector
The Crenova XPE470 Mini LED Video Projector is another wonderful device that can be adequately used to create your home cinema. The pictures are crystal clear, and there is no fear of optical damage during use.
Crenova XPE470 Mini LED Video Projector allows you to personalize your screen using the keystone button. This action does not affect the projection appearance. If you need to project images of files from your mobile devices, please ensure they are MHL compatible. You will also need the MHL cables and Wi-Fi routers to use mobile devices with this projector. The manufacturers recommend the Wi-Fi routers because they support better video streaming when compared to the results of an inbuilt Wi-Fi managed by an app. Videos and images projected will also appear straight even if the projector is tilted. Laptops will give the best visuals at a resolution of 800 x 600 or 1024 x 768.
- Projection size ranges from 37″ to 130″ safe for the eyes
- PC, DVD or Laptop connectivity via HDMI
- Compatibility at 1080P with TV, Android smartphone, USB drive, PC, iPhone, and iPad.
- Aspect ratio settings- 4:3/16.9
- Power voltage- 100v-240v-50/60HZ
- TFT LCD imaging technology and Resolution- 800 x 480 RGB
- Saves up to 70% energy with upgraded LED sources plus 30000 hours during use
- Portable and easy to install, comes with 12-month warranty
10. DBPOWER T20 1500 Lumens LCD Mini Projector
The DBPOWER T20 1500 Lumens LCD Mini Projector is another favorite of ours, and it had to make this list. This projector generates an image size of 32’’ 176’’, this is suitable for your home cinema. This projector has functionalities like autofocus which improves clarity and optimizes the images.
You can also project videos and images from your mobile devices. Your devices, however, must have MHL functionalities for Android operating systems. Apple products will require a wireless HDMI adapter or lighting cables connected the two devices.
- Aspect ratio 16:10, Project ratio 1.4:1
- 5-5m as its throw distance and a Native resolution- 800 x 480 pixels
- Screen size 32-176 inches
- resolution 1920 x 1080 pixels for the best results
- Imaging technology- TFT LCD, minimal fan noise.
- Keystone function used to generate normal images
- Improved LED light technology
Best Projectors of 2017 ―Buyers Guide
The projector is designed to provide you with home cinema viewing experience and it’s recommended to use in a dark place for better performance. You can do this with wireless HDMI adapter through the HDMI port directly.
It’s a bit challenging choosing a projector that best suits your needs except you’re equipped with the required knowledge for making the best decision. The following tips will help you make a better buying decision:
- The three most important factors that will affect your image quality that you should consider are native resolution, source material and contrast ratio.
- The major projection technologies are LCD, DLP and LED, however, LED has taken over the market recently. Go for models that offer longer lifespan of the LED lights since the light bulbs are expensive to replace.
- If you’re buying portable projectors that runs on batteries, check the battery life― the best range is 1-2 hours.
- You should use the 16.9 mode on your projector exclusively with anamorphic DVDs. You can set the DVD player to output to 16.9, television and projector to 16.9 mode to get great results
- You may go for a relatively low resolution if you’re using it for presentation, but you need a higher resolution projector for HD movies and games.
Choosing a location
Projectors can be installed in four possible locations; front, rear, rear ceiling and front ceiling. You should consider your personal preferences or room layout when deciding on the location to choose. Also consider the size and position of your screen, the position of a suitable power outlet and the distance of the projector from the rest of your equipment.
Your projector’s contrast ratio, the native resolution, and your source material are the three most important factors that will affect the quality of your image. The more pixels the projector has, the sharper the images will be. If you’re on a budget, you can go for projectors under 200 dollars which also comes with great features. However, projectors that cost more than $200 will offer more features. Always know that the more the features of a projector, the costlier it will be. Knowing their features will help you make a better choice.